Annual General Meeting
What is a shareholders' meeting?
Shareholders exercise their rights at the shareholders' meeting, which constitutes the corporation's highest decision-making body. In accordance with Uponor Corporation's Articles of Association, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held by the end of June.
The Board of Directors shall decide to convene a shareholders' meeting. Notice of the meeting shall be published in two Finnish newspapers not earlier than six (6) weeks and not later than 21 days prior to the meeting. The notice includes instructions for registration for the meeting, registration being a prerequisite for attending the meeting and exercising the right to speak and vote.
Items on the AGM's agenda
In accordance with Article 10 of the Articles association, at the Annual General meeting shall be:
1. the financial statements consisting of the income statement, the balance sheet and the report on operations;
2. the auditors' report;
3. the adoption of the financial statements;
4. the measures warranted by the profit or loss in accordance with the balance sheet;
5. granting discharge from liability to the members of the Board of Directors and the Managing Director;
6. remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors;
7. the number of the members of the Board of Directors;
8. the members of the Board of Directors;
9. the auditor.
In addition, the agenda of an AGM may include proposals by the Board of Directors on matters to be resolved by a shareholders' meeting in accordance with the Finnish Companies Act. Such matters may also be resolved by an extraordinary general meeting to be called upon for such purpose. Notice of a general meeting shall always include the main content of the proposals by the Board of Directors. The content of such proposals and any audit opinions related to the proposals will be available in full on the company's website.