Why invest in Uponor
The business: sustainable building and infrastructure solutions
- Safe drinking water delivery and energy-efficient heating and cooling continue to be essential needs in built environments
- Uponor mitigates the cyclicality of construction industry by operating in European and North American markets and serving both new construction and renovation projects
The company: an industry innovator building on a century of tradition
- A leading supplier for residential and commercial construction for drinking water delivery and radiant heating and cooling systems; and a strong position in infrastructure piping systems in northern Europe
- Established brand with a broad and loyal customer base
- Well maintained manufacturing network with capacity to grow
- Continuous material and production technology development to support operational efficiency
- Committed long-term key ownership with a clear understanding of the industry’s dynamics
Uponor as a responsible investmentOur vision is to become a recognised leader in sustainable building and infrastructure solutions. We are committed to long-term value creation and to creating a more sustainable world.
Our selected SDGsOur sustainability agenda is base on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
The core of our sustainability agenda
• We improve water management
• We reduce the use of fresh water
• We increase the utilization of secondary water
• We promote diversity and inclusion
• We give our employees opportunities to learn and grow
• Transparent supply chain
Protect and reuse resources
• We lead our industry in the transition to renewable, waste-based and recycled raw materials
• We provide full transparency on the environmental footprint of our products.
Act for climate
• Reduce absolute scope 3 GHG emissions from purchased goods and services and upstream transportation and distribution by 14% by 2030.
• All purchased electricity to be renewable by 2025.
Our targets are based on the Paris Climate Agreement and aim to limit the global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
Key sustainability initiatives in 2021• Reduce accidents in line with our zero accidents target
• Reduction of GHG emissions in line with our Science Based Targets
• Implement Operation Clean Sweep process to all manufacturing facilities
• Publish first set of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
• Progress the PEX scrap recycling plan
We are committed to good corporate governance compliance with laws and regulation. We comply with the Finnish Corporate Governance Code 2020 (www.cgfinland.fi) issued by the Securities Market Association, with the exception of recommendation 15.
We want to openly report about our actions related environment, social matters and corporate governance and make our responsible business visible and transparent.