Environmental product declarations
Paving the way to greater product transparency
Our customers worldwide are looking for ways to increase their positive impact on the environment. But to make real progress toward a more sustainable construction industry, transparency about the products is required. At Uponor, we are moving this development forward by providing Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs). These enable especially planners, to calculate the impacts of construction projects and reduce the CO2 footprint of buildings by choosing the most sustainable solution.
What are EPDs
- EPDs are official declarations
- They contain comprehensive information about our products´ environmental impact
- EPDs include details of the product’s consumption of raw materials and energy, waste generation, and air, soil and water emissions throughout its life cycle.
- They follow a strictly determined methodology, the ISO series 14025 standards, and are validated as an official document by a third party.
- EPDs are based on product’s Life Cycle Assessment calculations
- EPDs contribute to greater product transparency and traceability in the construction sector
- They allow comparisons between products that fulfil the same function
- Companies and our customers can influence the CO2 footprint of buildings and projects by selecting the most sustainable solutions
- They help us constantly review and reduce the environmental impact of our own production and supply chains
- We aim to cover 90% of our product portfolio with EPDs by 2027
- We want to cover the entire product range by 2030 at the latest